October 15, 10:00 AM, ACADEMY+PLUS
3-5 Campul Painii, Entrance B, 5th Floor, Cluj-Napoca
What is Contribution Day?
Together, the Magento community organizes events in over 30 countries around the globe. There are certified Magento Developers and Solution Specialists on six out of seven continents. As ecommerce professionals, we have many roles and responsibilities including, but not limited to, developers, marketers, merchandisers, designers, analysts, and customer support specialists. While we can’t agree on which operating system is the best for our multiple devices, we can agree that diversity plays an important role in technology and innovation. How then can we, as a community, and as individuals, work together to build an inclusive Magento community?
The Magento Contribution Days provide intensive workshops with Magento Director of Community Engineering Max Yekaterynenko and his team, giving insights into Magento 2 development and contributing to the Magento 2 core.
A team of leading Magento core architects is starting a new form of community involvement that will facilitate contributions. Meet Magento Association and its worldwide network of events will be the first platform ever to provide Magento 2 developers with a new way to interact with the Magento development team.
All developers going to MM17RO should take part in Contribution Day for better code awareness and new perspective on M2 developement.
You will work side by side with Magento core architects on developing features and improvements for the Magento 2 core, e.g.:
- - Develop feature/improvement
- - Create tests
- - Do cross code reviews
- - Run tests and check results
- - Create and merge PRs
- - Working (Up and running) Magento 2 version with develop branch, forked and pulled from GitHub
- - Debugger and IDE are up to you, the team uses xdebug and PHPStorm
- - Active GitHub account
- - Desire to make contribution and have fun
Secure your place
The number of accepted developers for Contribution Day is limited. Here are a few things you can do to secure one of them:
- - buy your Meet Magento ticket early to maximize your chances
- - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to participate
- - set the date on you calendar and don’t miss it!